Welcome to chambray week. Sit back with your tray tables in their upright and locked positions and enjoy the ride! You’re in for a treat! 6 amazing bloggers have worked their magic with chambray fabric from CaliFabrics and have some inspiration for you.
First of all, we need to make sure we’re all on the same page about chambray.
- Chambray fabric is a woven fabric.
- It has colored warp and (usually) white weft threads.
- Traditionally blue in color
- Looks the same on both sides
- Comes in different weights from lightweight to heavy
- Usually is made of 100% cotton
- Usually is 44/45″ to 60″ wide
Now each of these things I listed about chambray above has exceptions like this:
- This chambray has 2 way 30% stretch.
- Most of these chambrays have black weft threads (which makes them drop dead gorgeous!)
- Does this chambray look blue? Or this one? How about this chambray?
- This chambray is printed on one side, and it’s not the only printed one in the CaliFabrics shop.
Now that we all know what chambray is, let’s take a closer look at some chambray fabrics.
This lovely medium blue chambray is basically a neutral that would pair with everything in my wardrobe and probably yours too.
This printed black on grey floral print chambray is a new fabric just added to the shop for Chambray week!
This Cayenne chambray I’m including here for selfish reasons. You see, I have some of it and it’s the most beautiful fabric ever. It has drape, a very slight sheen, the color is MY color. Basically if I could wave a magic wand and turn myself into a fabric, this is what you would see. BUT, I don’t know what to make from it! So I’m going to be closely observing the bloggers this week and commit to sewing something. It’s too beautiful to sit in my stash any longer.
This grey on grey striped chambray is midweight, so would be perfect for all the shorts, skirts, wide leg pants, and so on to keep you nice and cool this summer.
Are you ready for some past chambray inspiration from the blog? Check these out:
Dresses: (Clockwise from top left) Mariarosesews sewed a summer dress, Katie sewed a shift dress, Sarah made a shirtdress, Tanya has sewn 3 chambray dresses, Tori sewed a rayon chambray dress, and Tami wove a dress!
Wow! That’s a lot of chambray goodness there! So why a whole week devoted to chambray? Well, since chambray is the perfect summer fabric, a classic that never goes out of style, and so versatile, it’s always a good idea to have more chambray inspiration. See you tomorrow, and until then, I’ll meet you in the chambray section at the CaliFabrics shop!